Wednesday 22 July 2020

MOM, WHERE ARE YOU?


The road is pitch-dark
And the journey long
The sky is naked, stark
Know not where I belong.

Every corner lurks crisis
God’s ways unfathomable
Is this what life is
Dark labyrinth impregnable?

Safe inside your womb
Connected by umbilical cord
Palace it was, not a tomb
You caressed and smiled a nod.

Came out crying and kicking
You suckled and sang a lullaby
Played on your breast rocking
Dozed on bosom, ample and milky.

Knew not life was so tough
Your support, the rock of Gibraltar
From life’s current swift and rough
Stood by my girl and me at the altar.

Years passed swift as moments
Lost my girl to fate’s unkind cuts
Plummeted by life’s cruel currents
Ruing my loss through ifs and buts.

Goal is blurred, path unclear
Engulfed by a dark, black hue
Know not how to swim, how to steer
Can’t cope alone, Mom, where are you?

…By shyam sundar bulusu

No comments:

Post a Comment